Thử sức ngay với đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn Anh trong trọn bộ đề thi mới nhất với mong muốn giúp các em ôn thi tại nhà tuyển sinh vào 10. Dưới đây là đề thi thử tuyển sinh vào 10 môn Tiếng anh TP.Hà Nội đề số 11 để các em thử sức:
Đề thi thử vào 10 môn tiếng anh Hà Nội số 12
Hãy đặt bút làm đề thi này trong 60 phút và đối chiếu đáp án ở phía dưới bài:
I. MULTIPLE CHOICE (8.0 points)
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the rest in each of the following questions.
1. A. fortress
2. A. facilitate
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of primary stress in each of the following questions.
3. A. media
4. A. recognition
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions.
5. Sandra has not rarely missed a play or a concert since she was 17 years old.
A. not rarely
B. a play
D. years old
6. Robots in the home might not be enough creative to do the cooking, plan the meal and so on.
B. enough creative
C. do the cooking
D. so on
7. It is becoming extremely difficult to grow enough to feed the world’s rapidly increased population.
A. It is
B. extremely difficult
C. to feed
D. increased population.
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
8. ..............for bamboo seeds to grow into plants that can be used for commercial purposes.
A. It takes several years
B. Several years to be taken
C. By taking several years
D. Although taking several years
9. There’s somebody behind US. I think we ...............
A. are following
C. have followed
D. are being followed
10. The cat was afraid when it saw its..............in the mirror.
11. The doctors say it may take him a long time to get..............the shock.
12. Do you think there less conflict in the world if all people..............the same language?
A. would be/ spoke
B. were/ would speak
C. were/ spoke
D. would be/ would speak
13.I met some old friends..............I was on holiday in Malaysia.
14. Before entering the room you’d better..............your shoes.
A. carry on
B. take off
C. take in
D. put on
15. The..............of the air has certainly brought great benefits to man.
16. I will..............you this book if you promise to return it next week.
Mark the letter A, B, c, or D to indicate the most suitable response to complete each of the following exchanges.
17. - “Could you pass me the salt, please?” - “..............”
A. Certainly, here you are.
B. It can’t be passed.
C. The salt? Why’s that?
D. No, I couldn’t.
18. - “I was worried about chemistry, but Mr Brown gave me an A!”
A. Don’t worry about it.
B. Congratulations! That’s a difficult course.
C. Mr Brown is a very good teacher.
D. Good luck to you!
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
19. No matter what happens, I assure you that I will not forget how hard you have worked on this project. A. dare
20. Most animals can communicate with members of their own species, but not with other groups.
A. specialized researchers
B. kind of plant
C. geographical areas
D. type of animal
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
21. Whenever he returns to this place, he is happy and contented.
22. “Mary, of course you’re overweight. You eat too much junk food. Even worse, you exercise infrequently.”
A. nearly every day
B. at a gym
C. in the open
D. quite often
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the correct word that best fits each of the numbered blanks
Fish farming is only one of the many recent experiments man has begun in the endless battle to feed himself. It is not as easy as it (23) .One doesn’t simply find a pond, stock it with fish and wait for them to multiply. I knew one amateur who did just this. He looked on his pond as a fishing hole (24) his friends. One morning he awoke to find its surface covered with dead fish. They had died quite naturally – from suffocation. Commercially (25)... fresh-water fish need just that — and plenty of it. A good stream feeding the pond is one way to (26)... that fish will stay healthy. Not only does it supply life-giving oxygen, it also helps to clear away the fish’s own (27) matter. With the oceans being overfished in recent decades, fish farming may soon take over there too.
23. A. sounds
24. A. with
25. A. fed
26. A. insure
27. A. rubbish
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions.
Package holidays, covering a two weeks’ stay in an attractive location are increasingly popular, because they offer an inclusive price with few extras. Once you get to the airport, it is up to the tour operator to see that you get safely to your destination. Excursions, local entertainment, swimming, sunbathing, skiing – you name it – it’s all laid on for you. There is, in fact, no reason for you to bother anything yourselves. You make friends and have a good time, but there is very little chance that you will really get to know the local people. This is even less likely on a coach tour, when you spend almost your entire time travelling. Of course, there are carefully scheduled stops for you to visit historic buildings and monuments, but you will probably be allowed only a brief stay overnight in some famous city, with a polite reminder to be up and breakfasted early in time for the coach next morning. You may visit the beautiful, the historic, the ancient, but time is always at your elbow. There is also the added disadvantage of being obliged to spend your holiday with a group of people you have never met before, may not like and have no reasonable excuse for getting away from. As against this, it can be argued that for many people, particularly the lonely or elderly, the feeling of belonging to a group, although for a short period on holiday, is an added bonus. They can sit safely back in their seat and watch the world go by.
28. When you go on a package holiday, you don’t have to
A. arrange anything yourself
B. pay for any extra activities
C. follow the tour schedules
D. travel in an organised group
29. People going on package holidays .
A. are unable to amuse themselves
B. expect to be amused by tour operators
C. find most of their interests catered for
D. are able to make friends with lots of local people
30. Which of the following statements is NOT true?
A. You are constantly on the move when you are on a coach tour.
B. A coach tour is always exhausting.
C. You don’t get enough sleep on a coach tour.
D. You get no chance to visit historic buildings in famous cities on a coach tour.
31. “Time is always at your elbow.” This means
A. you can take your time visiting a place
B. you have to spend a lot of time visiting a place
C. your time is always limited when visiting a place
D. there is always no time for you to visit any place
32. In spite of its disadvantages, spending a holiday with a group is good particularly for
A. schoolboys and schoolgirls
B. the lonely or elderly people
C. newly married young couples
D. those who always travel by themselves
II. WRITING (2.0 points) Finish the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first one, beginning with the given words.
33. Did they understand the problem?
They didn’t ................ ................ ................
34. What speed is allowed on this motorway?
How fast ................ ................ ................
35. “Why don’t you meet to discuss how to develop the project?”
I suggest ................ ................ ................
36. We have to cut down on our driving because there is an oil shortage.
Because of ................ ................ ................
Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first sentence, using the word given. Do not change the word given. Don’t use more than five words.
37. I took the book back to the shop and got a better one instead. (exchanged)
I took the book back to the shop and ................ that was better.
38. This is the most amusing book I’ve ever read. (amusing)
I’ve never read a .........one before.
39. We have never met anyone as famous as he is. (most)
He is ................ we have ever met.
40. My parents moved to New Zealand five years ago. (since)
It ................ my parents moved to New Zealand.
Nguồn đề: Ôn thi vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh.
Nguyễn Thị Chi (chủ biên) - Nguyễn Hữu Cương.
Đáp án đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn tiếng anh Hà Nội số 12
I. MULTIPLE CHOICE (8.0 points)
II. WRITING (2.0 points)
33. They didn’t understand the problem, did they?
34. How fast can you drive on this motorway?
35. I suggest (that) you (should) meet to discuss how to develop the project.
36. Because of the oil shortage, we have to cut down on our driving.
37. … exchanged for another …
38. … more amusing book than this …
39. … the most famous (person/ man) (that) …
40. … is/ has been five years since …
Vậy là lại kết thúc một mẫu đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn tiếng anh TP Hà Nội, còn rất nhiều bộ đề thi thử vào 10 môn tiếng anh của các trường khác trên cả nước đã được chúng tôi biên tập, thường xuyên truy cập vào trang để cập nhật nhéHuyền Chu (Tổng hợp)