Thử sức ngay với đề thi thử tuyển sinh vào lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh với mong muốn giúp các em ôn thi tại nhà được tốt nhất. Dưới đây là đề thi thử lớp 10 môn Tiếng anh TP.Hà Nội số 9 để các em thử sức
Đề thi thửtiếng anh vào 10 Hà Nội số 9
I. MULTIPLE CHOICE (8.0 points)
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the rest in each of the following questions.
1. A. communicate
2. A. weave
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of primary stress in each of the following questions.
3. A. verbal
4. A. embroider
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions.
5. Dew usually disappeared by seven o’clock in the morning when the sun comes up.
C. in the
6. The governor, with his wife and children, are at home watching the election returns on television.
7. We solved the problem by using a computer rather than to do it all by hand.
C. to do
D. by hand.
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
8. I believe that it is to hold a door open for other people.
9. They to see us more often if they had a car.
A. have come
C. will come
D. would come
10. – “Shall I put the books on the floor?”
– “No, I want to keep the .”
A. tidy room
B. room tidily
C. room is tidy
D. room tidy
11. My mother is in her use of gas when cooking.
12. It is not very easy to study a foreign language by .....................
C . itself
13. We are looking for a kitchen hand cooking must be good.
C. of which
14. – “Must you wear uniform to school every day?” – “No, we ...............”
15. We climbed to the top of the mountain, .......
A. where we had a picnic
B. where we had a picnic on it
C. that we wanted to have a picnic
D. on which we had a picnic there
16. “.............. lending me your correction pen for a moment?”
A. Can you
B. Would you mind
C. Could you please
D. Why aren’t you
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the most suitable response to complete each of the following exchanges.
17. – “I’d like to book a flight to Melbourne, please.” -“.......
A. No, of course not.
B. Do you mind if I said no?
C. Yes, sir, single or return? D. You can’t. We’re busy.
18. – Tim: “Hey, Duong. I’d like you to meet my sister, Anna.”
– Duong: “..............
A. All right, Anna.
B. Pleased to meet you, Anna.
C. Yes, I’d like to meet Anna.
D. Long time no see Anna.
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
19. It’s easy to confuse me for my brother; we are twins and we look the same.
A. mix up
B. choose out
C. pick down
D. take after
20. The notice should be put in the most visible place so that all the students can be well-informed.
B. often visited
C. easily seen
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
21. My friend and his soccer coach are incompatible. They are always arguing.
A. too different to work together
B. having little in common
C. related in some way
D. getting on well
22. The earthquake in October 1989 in Loma Prieta caused extensive damage in the area.
D . complete
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the correct word that best fits each of the numbered blanks.
Harvard University is the oldest university in the USA. The university started in 1636 and it got its name two years later after John Harvard’s death. All the library he had was given (23)............................the university. Since then, the university has grown and Harvard has become one of the most famous universities in the world. Now people all over the world (24) about Harvard. Many famous people have studied at Harvard, including the poet T.S Eliot, the president Barack Obama and the actress Natalie Portman. (25) Harvard students have won Nobel Prizes.
Education at Harvard has changed a lot over its history. Charles Eliot, president of Harvard from 1869 to 1909, made the biggest changes. For example, before Eliot was president, students didn’t (26) ..................... entrance exams. Today, thousands of students want to study at Harvard but only about 10% of them pass the entrance exams. Harvard is not all about education. Sport and culture are also very (27) ...................... Twenty-first-century students work hard and they also play hard.
23. A. with
24. A. know
25. A. Much
B. A lot
26. A. take
27. A. decisive
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions.
To accomplish a three-dimensional or 3D effect in a movie, two steps are necessary. First, the movie needs to be shot a special way. Then, the movie needs to be viewed in a special way. To shoot a 3D movie, it is necessary to use two cameras at the same time. This is different from a regular movie, which is shot with only one camera. The two cameras are placed next to each other. The placement of the cameras imitates how two eyes each see one scene from a different perspective. The same picture is shot by each of the cameras at the same time, but each of the cameras films the scene from a different angle because of the position of the cameras.
When you go to the theater to view a 3D, you must wear special glasses to get the three-dimensional effect. [40A] Both pieces of film are projected simultaneously; when the pieces of film are projected at the same time, the special glasses then force each of your two eyes to see the film in a different way. [40B] Your left eye sees the film shot with the left camera, and your right eye sees the film shot with the right camera. [40C] If you try to watch the movie without the special glasses, it will seem like you have double vision. [40D]
28. The best subject for this passage is .......
A. the way to create a 3D movie
B. problems involved in 3D movies
C. the use of cameras in 3D movies
D. where 3D movies can be seen
29. Look at the word “perspective” in paragraph 2. This word could be best replaced by
30. What is NOT stated about the cameras used to shoot a 3D movie?
A. There are two of them.
B. They are placed side-by-side.
C. They film at the same time.
D. They film from the same angle.
31. According to the passage, to see a three-dimensional film, you need a special
A. kind of movie theater
B. kind of spectacles
C. type of movie projector
D. method for processing film
32. The following sentence could be added to paragraph 3:
The movie will seem very unclear and fuzzy. Where would it best fit into the paragraph?
II. WRITING (2.0 points)
Write meaningful sentences, using the words and phrases given below. 33. Wel be/ very/ tired/ last night/ because/ we/ play/ football/ afternoon//.
34. The stands/ being/ fill/by/ spectators/ when/ welcomell.
35. The match/ bel great/ fun/ if/ it/ not rain/ now/l.
36. That/be/ the play/ perform/ the stage/ by/ famous/ actors/ actresses/ last night/.
Finish the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first one, beginning with the given words.
37. I am only interested in why he did it.
The only thing ......... .......... .......... ..........
38. The switch was too high for him to reach.
He wasn’t ......... .......... .......... ..........
39. She dances beautifully and sings sweetly, too.
She not only ......... .......... .......... ..........
40. Despite of her dislike for coffee, she drank it to keep herself warm.
Although ......... .......... .......... ..........
Nguồn đề: Ôn thi vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh.
Nguyễn Thị Chi (chủ biên) - Nguyễn Hữu Cương.
Đáp án đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh Hà Nội số 9
I. MULTIPLE CHOICE (8.0 points)
II. WRITING (2.0 points)
33. We were very tired last night because we played/ had played football all the afternoon.
34. The stands were being filled by spectators when we came.
35. The match would be great fun if it didn’t rain now.
36. That was the play (which was) performed on the stage by famous actors and actresses last night.
37. The only thing (that) I am interested in is why he did it.
38. He wasn’t tall enough to reach the switch.
39. She not only dances beautifully but also sings sweetly.
40. Although she disliked coffee, she drank it to keep herself warm.
Vậy là lại kết thúc một mẫu đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn tiếng anh TP Hà Nội, còn rất nhiều bộ đề thi thử vào 10 môn tiếng anh của các trường khác trên cả nước đã được chúng tôi biên tập, thường xuyên truy cập vào trang để cập nhật nhéHuyền Chu (Tổng hợp)