Thử sức ngay với đề thi thử tuyển sinh vào lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh với mong muốn giúp các em ôn thi tại nhà được tốt nhất. Dưới đây là đề thi thử tuyển sinh vào 10 môn Tiếng anh TP.Hà Nội số 10 để các em thử sức
Đề thi thử tiếng anh vào 10 Hà Nội số 10
I. MULTIPLE CHOICE (8.0 points)
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the rest in each of the following questions.
1. A. underground
2. A. channel
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of primary stress in each of the following questions.
3. A. support
4. A. scientific
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions.
5. Ice skating and to go skiing are popular winter sports in the Northern United States.
A. Ice skating
C. winter sports
6. The surgeon examined the patient quickly, and then the operation was begun.
D. the operation was begun
7. World hunger it is one of the most urgent problems that we face today.
A. it is
D. we face
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
8. The secretary to ............... I talked didn’t know where the meeting was.
9. There has not been much supply of water recently, ?
A. does there
B. has there
C. hasn’t there
D. has it
10. ............... it is getting dark, we will not wait for him any longer.
11. - “When ............... ?”
A. penicillin was discovered
B. penicillin discovered
C. was penicillin discovered
D. did penicillin discover
12. When it began to rain, the children ............... in the yard.
B. were playing
C. have played
D. had played
13. She had changed so much that ............... anyone recognized her.
14. Our form teacher couldn’t come to the party’, ............... was a pity.
15. The average ............... of pocket money received by teenagers fell to £4 a week this year.
16. Captain Henry, ............... , crept slowly through the underbrush.
A. trying to avoid the enemy
B. attempting not to encounter the enemy
C. being remote from the enemy
D. not involving himself in the enemy
Mark the letter A, B, c, or D to indicate the most suitable response to complete each of the following exchanges.
17. - “I learned that you won the 100-meter race this morning. Congratulations!”
- “ ............... ”
A. Thank you.
B. No, don’t say so.
C. Just lucky.
D. No, no. I ran slowly.
18.- “Would you like to come to dinner next Friday?”
- “ ............... ”
A. Certainly not.
B. Unfortunately not.
C. I’m afraid, I can’t.
D. I hope not.
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
19. Children normally feel a lot of anxiety about their first day at school.
20. The 1923 earthquake in Japan killed about 200,000 people and left countless wounded and homeless.
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
21. If we had taken his sage advice, we wouldn’t be in so much trouble now.
22. When you put on clothing or make-up, you place it on your body in order to wear it.
A. take off
B. look after
C. wash up
D. get on
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the correct word or phrase that best fits each of the numbered blanks.
Will robots change our lives in the future? It’s a funny question to ask when they’re changing our lives now in so many ways and they have been for years. From the first time you saw a toaster (23)...... by itself, we’ve casually accepted that machines can be trusted to do things for us. Right now all modern technology is designed to (24) the world to you: phone, radio, television, internet, but if trends continue, robots will soon bring you to the world, everywhere, and at the (25) .........of thought. It’s a future goal – something we know we (26) ...... do. Robots won’t just change our lives in the future, they’ll expand them. Not just for fun, but for necessity. We’ve taken the first steps into welcoming them (27) ......... our homes, we just have to wait a bit to proctor them into making us more human. Do you agree?
23. A. pop up
B. to pop up
C. popping up
D. popped up
24. A. transport
25. A. tempo
26. A. need
27. A. into
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions.
American foods began to affect the rest of the world. American emphasis on convenient and rapid consumption is best represented in fast foods such as hamburgers, French fries, and soft drinks. By the 1960s and 1970s fast foods became one of America’s strongest exports as franchises for Mcdonald’s and Burger King spread through Europe and other parts of the world, including Russia and China. Traditional meals cooked at home and consumed at a leisurely pace gave way to quick lunches and dinners eaten on the run as other countries imitated American cultural patterns.
By the late 20th century Americans had become more conscious of their diets, eating more poultry, fish and vegetables, and fewer eggs and less beef. Cooks began to rediscover many world cuisines in forms closer to their original. In California, chefs combined fresh fruits and vegetables available with ingredients and spices borrowed from immigrant kitchens to create an innovative cooking style that was lighter than traditional French, but more interesting and varied than typical American cuisine. Along with the state’s wines, California cuisine took its place among the acknowledged forms of fine dining.
28. Fast foods such as hamburgers, French fries, and soft drinks
A. are popular because of their nutritious values
B. are traditional meals of the US people
C. became more popular than meals cooked at home in China
D. became popular with other European and Asian countries
29. Which of the following is similar in meaning to the word “cuisine”?
30. What is the main idea of the first paragraph?
A. America’s cuisine used to have an influence on many countries,
B. Fast foods became one of America’s strongest exports.
C. Mc Donald’s and Burger King are American food suppliers successful in Europe.
D. Traditional meals cooked at home are not common in the US.
31. Which of the following statements is true?
A. By the late 20th century, fast foods had lost their popularity in the US.
B. Americans used to eat more poultry, fish, fruits and vegetables than they do now.
C. Cooking styles of other countries began to affect Americans by the late 20th century.
D. Fewer eggs and less beef in American diet made them fitter.
32. An innovative style of cooking was created in California
A. to attract more immigrants to the state
B. and made the state’s wines well-known
C. by borrowing recipes from immigrant kitchens
D. by combining the local specialties with immigrants spices
II. WRITING (2.0 points)
Finish the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first one, beginning with the given words.
33. That factory is producing more and more pollution.
More and more .......... .......... .......... ..........
34. “When the sun rises, I feel like singing,” Kitty said.
Kitty said that .......... .......... .......... ..........
35. He succeeded in winning the race.
He managed .......... .......... .......... ..........
36. I’m sorry I can’t understand the instructions clearly.
I wish .......... .......... .......... ..........
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the sentence that is closest in meaning to each of the following questions.
37. Despite the fact that it was snowing, I didn’t feel cold.
A. In spite of the snow, I felt quite cold.
B. In spite of feeling warm, it was snowing.
C. Although it was snowing, I didn’t feel cold.
D. Although I didn’t feel cold, it was snowing.
38. People say that prevention is better than cure.
A. That prevention is said is better than cure.
B. It is said that prevention is better than cure.
C. Prevention is better that cure is said by people.
D. Prevention says to be better than cure.
39. He said, “If I have a pen, I can write the answers”.
A. He said if he had a pen, he could write the answers.
B. He told me to give him a pen to write the answers.
C. He could write the answers because he had my pen.
D. I could write the answers if he gave me his pen.
40. The woman was too weak to lift the suitcase.
A. Although she was very weak, she could lift the suitcase.
B. The woman shouldn’t lift the suitcase because she was so weak.
C. The woman lifted the suitcase, so she wasn’t very weak.
D. She was so weak that she couldn’t lift the suitcase.
Nguồn đề: Ôn thi vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh.
Nguyễn Thị Chi (chủ biên) - Nguyễn Hữu Cương.
Đáp án đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn tiếng anh Hà Nội số 10
I. MULTIPLE CHOICE (8.0 points)
II. WRITING (2.0 points)
33. More and more pollution is being produced by that factory.
34. Kitty said that when the sun rose, she felt like singing.
35. He managed to win the race.
36. I wish I could understand the instructions clearly.
Vậy là lại kết thúc một mẫu đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn tiếng anh TP Hà Nội, còn rất nhiều bộ đề thi thử vào 10 môn tiếng anh của các trường khác trên cả nước đã được chúng tôi biên tập, thường xuyên truy cập vào trang để cập nhật nhé