Thử sức ngay với đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn Anh trong trọn bộ đề thi mới nhất với mong muốn giúp các em ôn thi tại nhà tuyển sinh vào 10. Dưới đây là đề thi thử tuyển sinh vào 10 môn Tiếng anh TP.Hà Nội đề số 11 để các em thử sức:
Đề thi thử tiếng anh vào 10 Hà Nội số 11
Hãy đặt bút làm đề thi này trong 60 phút và đối chiếu đáp án ở phía dưới bài:
I. MULTIPLE CHOICE (8.0 points)
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the rest in each of the following questions,
1. A. oceanic
2. A. festival
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of primary stress in each of the following questions.
3. A. external
4. A. miraculous
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions.
5. Now that the stress of examinations are over, we can go somewhere for our holiday.
C. can go
D. for our holiday.
6. The English summer course will start in May 29th and finish in August.
A. The English summer
C. in May 29th
D. in August
7. There were so a lot of people trying to leave the burning building that the police had a great deal of trouble controlling them.
A. There were
B. a lot of
C. the burning
D. great deal
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
8. The earthworm is a worm ..............in moist, warm soil in many geographical areas.
A. where is it found
B. is found
C. and found it
D. which is found
9. Our flight from Amsterdam to London was delayed the heavy fog.
A. as a result
B. on account
C. instead of
D. due to
10. It is..............to translate each lesson into your language. This is not a good way to study English.
11. A good clock always keeps..............time.
12. It seems that the world record for this event is almost impossible to ...............
13. The soldier was punished for..............to obey his commanding officer’s order.
14. It is believed that she’ll be a billionaire by the time she..............forty.
C. will be
D. would be
15. Some of the passengers spoke to reporters about their..............in the burning bus.
16. ..............the rise in unemployment, people still seem to be spending more.
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the most suitable response to complete each of the following exchanges.
17. - “I think you’ve taken my bag by mistake.” - “..............”
A. What a shame!
C. I’m so sorry.
D. Have I?
18. - “May I have something to drink, please?” - “..............”
A. Yes, of course. Help yourself.
B. Of course you may.
C. Why do you have to ask?
D. You must help others too.
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
19. The Internet is available only in cities and towns, so we cannot easily get access to it in the countryside.
20. The naughty boy was scolded for breaking the neighbour’s window yesterday.
A. told off
D. taken care of
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
21. The Ministry of Health is carrying out a health project for the poor in mountainous regions and rural areas.
22. Our children must attend some acceptable school during the years of compulsory education.
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the correct word that best fits each of the numbered blanks.
People enjoy living in large cities. But cities have problems. One problem is that they frequently grow very rapidly. Transportation (23) complicated. There are a lot of cars, buses and bicycles. As a result, people are trying to improve the big cities, and they are also planning for new cities. Plan A is a large city (24).. smaller cities around it. There is an open land with trees, fields, and lakes between the large city and smaller cities. Each small city is (25) ..... It has offices, schools, hospitals, and places of entertainment. In Plan B the cities are (26) ....by a road. In Plan C, the cities are in rings around the central city and all of them are connected to each other. The goal of all these plans is to limit the (27) of the large city.
23. A. becomes
24. A. in
25. A. entire
26. A. chain
27. A. progress
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions.
It is often considered that the schoolyard is where bullies go to make other kids a miserable school life, but a new study suggests that classrooms are another popular place. The study, presented recently at the American Public Health Association’s yearly meeting in Philadelphia, is based on the results of the research from more than 10.000 middle school students who answered questions online. Of those researched, 43% said they’d been physically bullied within the last month. A bit more than half said they had been laughed at in an unfriendly way, and half reported being called hurtful names. About one third said groups had excluded them to hurt their feelings. 28% said their belongings had been taken or broken; 21% said someone had threatened to hurt them. According to the results, two-thirds of the students said they had been bullied in more than one way over the previous month. The study authors mentioned that 8% of the students who answered said they had missed school at least once during the school year because of fear of being bullied. 25% said they had taken other actions, such as missing recess, not going to the bathroom or lunch, missing classes, or staying away from some area of the school to escape from experiencing a bully. Bullies did too much to the school life.
28. Bullies can happen in the following places EXCEPT
D. teachers’ offices
29. The underlined phrase “laughed at” in the passage is closest in meaning to
A. made fun of
B. smiled nicely
C. shouted at
D. looked after well
30. Which of the following might some students do to protect themselves from bullies?
A. They miss school.
B. They call their parents for help.
C. They try to hurt others.
D. They break others’ belongings.
31. How does the writer feel about bullies at school?
32. Which of the following is probably the best title for the passage?
A. Bad School Life
B. Bullies at School
C. Fear at School
D. School Problems
II. WRITING (2.0 points)
Finish the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first one, beginning with the given words.
33. My father said I could use his car.
My father allowed............ ............ ............ ............
34. Don’t stop him doing what he wants.
Let ............ ............ ............ ............
35. “Why don’t you put your luggage under the seat?”
He suggested............ ............ ............ ............
36. The law of supply and demand should govern the prices of goods.
The prices............ ............ ............ ............
Write new sentences as similar as possible in meaning to the original sentences, using the given words in brackets. Do not change the given words in any way.
37. It’s over six months since Duong last had his hair cut. (for)
38. Thanks to satellite technology, it is now possible to predict hurricanes quite accurately. (able)
39. Fewer students attend ABE in the summer. The program only offers classes in the morning. (so)
40. The hostess specified the times for drinks and dinner. Her guests knew when to arrive at the party. (whose)
Nguồn đề: Ôn thi vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh.
Nguyễn Thị Chi (chủ biên) - Nguyễn Hữu Cương.
Đáp án đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn tiếng anh Hà Nội số 11
I. MULTIPLE CHOICE (8.0 points)
II. WRITING (2.0 points)
33. My father allowed me to use his car.
34. Let him do what he wants.
35. He suggested (that) I (should) put my luggage under the seat.
36. The prices of goods should be governed by the law of supply and demand.
37. Duong hasn’t had his hair cut for over six months.
38. Thanks to satellite technology, we are now able to predict hurricanes quite accurately.
39. Fewer students attend ABE in the summer, so the program only offers classes in the morning
40. The hostess, whose guests knew when to arrive at the party, specified the times for drinks and dinner.
Vậy là lại kết thúc một mẫu đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn tiếng anh TP Hà Nội, còn rất nhiều bộ đề thi thử vào 10 môn tiếng anh của các trường khác trên cả nước đã được chúng tôi biên tập, thường xuyên truy cập vào trang để cập nhật nhé