Đọc tài liệu đã sưu tầm được rất nhiều bộ đề thi thử vào 10 môn Anh của các trường trên cả nước với mong muốn giúp các em ôn thi được tốt nhất. Dưới đây là đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng anh 2020 - TP. Hà Nội số 2 để các em thử sức
Đề thi thử
I. MULTIPLE CHOICE (8.0 points)
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the rest in each of the following questions.
1. A. garnishes
2. A. ancient
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of primary stress in each of the following questions.
3. A. starter
4. A. accessible
Mark the letter A, B, c, or D to indicate the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions.
5. At first life was difficult for me because of I didn’t understand English.
A. At first
C. because of
6. Copper comes from seven types of ores that also contain the other materials.
C. also contain
D. the other
7. Silicon chips contain thousands of circuits in an area as smaller than a fingernail.
C. as smaller
D. a fingernail
Mark the letter A, B, c, or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
8. He rarely forgets to do his homework, _______?
A. doesn’t he
B. is he
C. does he
D. isn’t he
9. You need to keep milk cold. Put it in the_______.
10. My brother is eleven. He is still a/ an_______.
11. Ona clear night, the moon_______so brightly that you can see your shadow.
12. Tom_______a lot of presents on his birthday.
B. was giving
C. was given
D. was been given
13. You look terrific today! That color really_______you!
14. The _______of the experiments proved to be very informative.
15. Children should be_______to realize their full potential.
16. The food was so hot _______.
A. that it burned my tongue
B. for it to burn my tongue
C. and then it burned my tongue
D. to have burned my tongue
Mark the letter A, B, c, or D to indicate the most suitable response to complete each of the following exchanges.
17. - “Well done! That’s a very nice picture!”
A. Thanks. It’s nice of you to say so.
B. Wow. What’s a nice compliment!
C. Yes. I think so too.
D. Right. I’ve painted a nice picture.
18. - “Must I finish my homework now?”
A. Yes, you may.
B. Yes, you need.
C. No. you can’t.
D. No, you needn’t.
Mark the letter A, B, c, or D to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
19. The graduation is sad, because the time we studied together has come to an end.
20. Under the major’s able leadership, the soldiers found safety.
Mark the letter A, B, c, or D to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
21. If you follow these simple rules, not only will you save money, but also the environment will be cleaner.
22. Animal communication is not a straightforward subject. It’s complicated because animals communicate differently with each other.
A. impossible to express
B. difficult to understand
C. easy to interpret
D. interesting to study
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, c, or D to indicate the correct word that best fits each of the numbered blanks.
The Atacama Desert is situated in South America. It is found near (23) _______thirtieth parallel south of the equator. (24) _______, the Sahara and the Rub’al-Khali deserts of northern Africa and nearby Saudi Arabia are 30° north of the equator. (25) _______the Kalahari Desert of Southern Africa is about 30° south of it. The Gobi Desert of central Asia (26) _______a little farther than 30° north, at about 45°, while the Great Sandy and Gibson deserts of Australia fall back into the pattern, lying 30° south of the equator. This pattern is no (27) _______. All the hot deserts are found about the same distance north or south of the equator.
23. A. a
24. A. Equally
25. A. where
26. A. lies
27. A. chance
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, c, or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions.
The bee, like the ant. is a social insect. Bees live in groups in a hive, and every bee does certain work that helps the other members of the group. In a beehive there are three kinds of bees: the queen bee, the drones, and the workers. The worker bees go from flower to flower collecting nectar, or juice, which is composed mostly of sugar mixed with water. Bees draw this nectar into the honey sacks of their bodies, and enzymes in their bodies turn the nectar into honey. This newly made honey flows slowly from the underside of the bees and is stored in cells in the hive to be used as food during the winter months. Some people are in the honey business and keep hundreds of hives. Beekeepers remove honey from the hives and pack it in bottles or jars. Honey usually appears as a clear golden-colored liquid, but this depends on the kind of flower from which the bees have taken the nectar.
28. Bees are called social insects because they _______.
A. live in groups
B. live near people
C. need beekeepers
D. work hard
29. What do bees do with nectar?
A. Change it into sugar
B. Convert it into honey.
C. Give it to the queen bee.
D. Use it to build their hives.
30. From the passage, we know that honey is sold in_______.
B. golden-colored packs
C. honey sacks
D. bottles or jars
31. The underlined W’ord “which” in the last sentence refers to_______
B. golden-colored liquid
C. kind of flower
32. The color of honey in its final stage depends on the _______.
A. type of flower from which the nectar W’as taken
B. amount of sugar the beekeepers give the bees
C. quantity of water available to the bees
D. season in which the nectar was collected
II. WRITING (2.0 points)
Finish the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first one, beginning with the given words.
33. My written English is better than my spoken English.
34. You won’t get into university without passing your exam.
35. Because of his hard work, he made a success of his business.
He worked so_____________.
36. I found the film rather boring.
I was __________________.
Write new sentences as similar as possible in meaning to the original sentences, using the given words in brackets. Do not change the given words in any way.
37. There are quite a few things I would like to invent! (number)
38. Some chimpanzees use sign language to talk to people, (communicate)
39. In the city there are more places to go. They stay open later, (and ... too)
40. Uncle Tom used to smoke. He seems to be in good health, (although)
Nguồn đề: Ôn thi vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh.
Nguyễn Thị Chi (chủ biên) - Nguyễn Hữu Cương.
I. MULTIPLE CHOICE (8.0 points)
II. WRITING (2.0 points)
33. I am better at writing English than speaking it.
34. Unless you pass your exam, you won't get into university.
35. He worked so hard that he made a success of his business.
36. I was rather bored with the film.
37. There are a number of things that I would like to invent.
38. Some chimpanzees communicate with people through sign language/ using sign language./
Some chimpanzees use sign language to communicate with people.
39. In the city there are more places to go, and they stay open later too.
40. Although Uncle Tom used to smoke, he seems to be in good health./
Uncle Tom seems to be in good health although he used to smoke.
Đọc tài liệu vừa chia sẻ đến các em đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn Anh TP Hà Nội, còn rất nhiều bộ đề thi thử tuyển sinh vào lớp 10 môn anh của các trường khác trên cả nước đã được chúng tôi biên tập, thường xuyên truy cập vào trang để cập nhật nhéHuyền Chu (Tổng hợp)