Đề tiếng anh ôn thi thử vào lớp 10 huyện Vĩnh Tường năm 2018
Nội dung đề thi thử môn Anh tuyển sinh vào lớp 10 THPT năm 2018 huyện Vĩnh Tường.
A. Phần trắc nghiệm
I. Choose the word whose underlined part pronounced differently from that of the others.
1. A. gallery B. gemstone C. government D. Google
2. A. exchange B. charity C. challenge D. brochure
3. A. father B. weather C. healthy D. clothing
II. Choose the word whose main stress pattern is not the same as that of the others.
4. A. despite B. dentist C. destroy D. describe
5. A. exhibition B. precaution C. position D. selection
III. Choose the word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that best fits the blank space in each sentence.
6. These children, ________ parents work late, are taken home by bus.
A. their B. that C. whom D. whose
7. "Thank you for your help, Judy." – "_______."
A. It's my pleasure B. With all my heart C. Never mind D. Same to you
8. Are you looking forward ________ abroad on your vacation?
A. to go B. going C. to going D. you go
9. Remote controls are used ________with TV.
A. to interacting B. to interactive C. interact D. to interact
10. Paris is the city ________ I have visited several times.
A. in which B. which C. where D. in that
11. The surgeons tried their best to save his life, but unfortunately the operation was_______.
A. succeeded B. successful C. unsuccessful D. success
12. They had to go home, ________?
A. had they B. hadn't they C. didn't they D. did they
13. Although they are poor, they still live _________.
A. happy B. unhappy C. happily D. happiness
14. We won't go out ________ it stops raining.
A. if B. unless C. when D. as
15. This house is ________ of the three.
A. old B. older C. oldest D. the oldest
16. If you know where she lives, let me_________.
A. to know B. knowing C. know D. knew
17. Who looks _______ your children when you are away from home?
A. after B. for C. to D. at
18. What quality made him different _______ others?
A. from B. for C. with D. in
19. All the houses in the area _________ immediately.
A. have to rebuild B. have to be rebuilt C. had to rebuild D. has to be rebuilt
20. She asked me if I ________ a laptop computer the following day.
A. buy B. bought C. would buy D. will buy
IV. Choose the underlined word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that needs correcting.
21. We reached the nearest village after walk for five hours.
A. reached B. the nearest C. walk D. for
22. I haven't visited my grandparents when they returned to the countryside.
A. visited B. when C. returned D. the countryside
23. I'd like buying a new dictionary but I don't have enough money.
A. buying B. new dictionary C. I don't D. enough money
24. I suggest that he will go to the doctor as soon as he returns from school.
A. suggest B. will go C. as soon as D. returns
25. Her novel, that was published last month, is one of the best-sellers.
A. that B. was published C. is D. the best-sellers
V. Choose the word (A, B, C or D) that best fits the blank space in the following passage.
Garbage is what someone leaves behind that they do not want to use anymore. It can also be called (26) ______ or rubbish. A definition of garbage is anything left behind at a place (27) ______ you used to be, but are not anymore. In modern home and businesses, however, garbage is normally separated and put where it can be (28) ______ and taken to a place designed to hold, burn, or recycle garbage.
Smoke is a cloud of very small, solid parts. It is made when (29) ______ something. Smoke can be bad because if it goes into the lungs of a person, it can kill them. Most people think that they are always able to see smoke, but it can also be (30) ______. (a thing that a person is not able to see)
26. A. waste B. save C. safe D. stone
27. A. it B. that C. which D. where
28. A. wrapped B. organized C. collected D. picked
29. A. firing B. fighting C. burning D. chopping
30. A. invisible B. unmovable C. unspeakable D. insensible
VI. Read the following passage and choose the best answer for each question.
Yesterday I received a letter from my brother, Tim. He is in Australia. He has been there for six months. Tim is an engineer. He is working for a big firm and he has already visited a great number of different places in Australia. He has just bought an Australian car and has gone to Alice Springs, a small town in the center of Australia. He will soon visit Darwin. From there, he will fly to Perth. My brother has never been abroad before, so he is finding this trip very exciting.
31. When did Tim go to Australia?
A. Yesterday B. Six days ago C. Six weeks ago D. Six months ago
32. Tim works as a/ an _______.
A. teacher B. pilot C. engineer D. architect
33. Alice Springs is in the _______ of Australia.
A. north B. south C. east D. center
34. Tim bought an _______ car.
A. Austrian B. Australian C. American D. English
35. How will Tim get to Perth?
A. By plane B. By car C. By boat D. By train
VII. Read the following passage and choose the best answer for each question.
Last year, we had a nice holiday. My friend and I went to the seaside for a month. I had been to the seaside several times before, but this was the first time for my friend. Naturally, it was a great event for him. Finally, the days came. It was a fine morning. We got up very early because we wanted to leave home after breakfast. We made the journey by car. We reached the seaside at noon. We spent many hours on the beach. We enjoyed making castles and channels in the sand. People said we ought to spend at least a few weeks at the seaside. If we could stay longer, so much better.
36. How long did the writer and his friend spend at the seaside?
A. a week B. a few weeks C. a month D. a few months
37. Who went to the seaside the first time?
A. The writer B. The writer's friend
C. The writer's family D. The writer and his friend
38. What was the weather like on the day they started their journey to the seaside?
A. It was bad B. It was rainy C. It was snowy D. It was good
39. How did they travel to the seaside?
A. By car B. By train C. By bus D. By air
40. When did they reach the seaside?
A. at 9 a.m. B. at 12 o'clock C. at 4 p.m. D. at 8 p.m.
B. Phần tự luận
I. Complete the sentences by filling in each blank with the correct form of the word in capitals.
1. Alexander G.Bell was one of the greatest _______. He invented the telephone. (INVENT)
2. The next stage in the _______ of television is interactive TV. (DEVELOP)
II. Using the words given and other words, complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first sentence. Do not change the word given. (Use 2-5 words in total)
1. I haven't eaten the food like this before. (time)
→ This is the _______________________ the food like this.
2. If you don't take care of those shoes, they won't last for long. (look)
→ Unless you__________________________, they won't last for long.
3. Do you know the girl with black curly hair? (who)
→ Do you know the girl _______________ hair?
III. "If you had a lot of money, what would you do with it and why?". Write a paragraph of at least 100 words to answer the question.
Đáp án gợi ý mã đề 01
A. Trắc nghiệm
|1. B||11. C||21. C||31. D|
|2. D||12. C||22. B||32. C|
|3. C||13. C||23. A||33. D|
|4. B||14. B||24. B||34. B|
|5. A||15. D||25. A||35. A|
|6. D||16. C||26. A||36. C|
|7. A||17. A||27. D||37. B|
|8. C||18. A||28. C||38. D|
|9. D||19. B||29. C||39. A|
|10. B||20. C||30. A||40. B|
B. Tự luận
1. inventors 2. development
1. This is the first time I have eaten the food like this.
2. Unless you take care of those shoes, they won't last for long.
3. Do you know the girl who has black curly hair?
- Good organization: 0,2 điểm
- Good content: 0,2 điểm
- Good language skills: 0,2 điểm
- Chỉ tiêu tuyển sinh vào lớp 10 năm 2020 tại Hải Phòng
- Đề thi thử vào 10 môn Văn năm 2020 Chuyên Thái Nguyên
- Đề thi thử vào 10 môn Lịch sử năm 2020 có đáp án
- Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn Sử năm 2020 có đáp án - Mã đề 001
- Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn Sử năm 2020 có đáp án - Mã đề 002
- Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn Sử năm 2020 có đáp án - Mã đề 003
- Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn Sử năm 2020 có đáp án - Mã đề 004
- Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn Sử năm 2020 có đáp án - Mã đề 005