Đáp án đề thi vào lớp 10 môn Anh tỉnh Phú Yên 2018
Đề thi chính thức:
I. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the rest. ( 1 point)
|1||A. where||B. here||C. their||D. there|
|2||A. suggestion||B. tradition||C. eruption||D. celebration|
|3||A. wanted||B. laughed||C. rested||D. needed|
|4||A. sailors||B. poems||C. cooks||D. designers|
ll. Complete each sentence with the appropriate form of the word in brackers.
5. The house is _____________decorated. (attraction)
6. It is _____________to call somebody at night. (convenience)
7. Most of the houses will be_____________ by solar energy soon. (hot)
8. Good _____________ were the key to success. (prepare)
III. Choose the word/phrase (A,B,C or D ) that best fits the space in each sentence. (3 point)
9. Lan is very tired. _____________ she has to finish her assignments before going to bed.
|A. Although||B. So||C. However||D. Therefore|
10. Some drivers drive too fast. I wish they _____________more carefully.
|A. drive||B. drove||C. are driving||D. have driven|
11. She's finished writing her essay. _____________?
|A. didn't she||B. is she||C. isn't she||D. hasn't she|
12.We can't go along here because the road
|A. been repaired||B. repair||C. is being repaired||D. repaired|
13. My English is not good. If l _____________ English well, I _____________ able to go abroad.
|A. speak / can be||B. spoke / were||C. speak / were||D. spoke / would be|
14. She likes the book _____________her friend gave her on her birthday.
|A. who||B. what||C. which||D. whom|
15. Malaysia is divided _____________two regions.
|A. to||B. on||C. in||D. into|
16. She asked me _____________ the most.
|A. what I liked food||B. I liked what food|
|C. what food I like||D. what food I liked|
|A. All right||B. Yes, I'd love|
|C. No, I wouldn't like||D. Yes, I do|
18. Hoa: Congratulations on your winning.
|A. That's very kind of you.||B. You are welcome|
|C. No, thanks.||D. Yes, of course.|
19. Lan said she___to Ha Long Bay the following day.
A. would go B. will go C. go D. went
20. We arrived in Nha Trang_______ 5 o'clock yesterday afternoon.
A. in B. since C. for D.at
IV. Choose the underlined part (A, B, C or D) that needs correcting. (1 point)
21. Jack dances more graceful than all of his friends.
A. dances B. graceful C. all D. his
22. Let me know if you are interested to take part in the competition.
A. know B. are C. to take D. in
23. We all think which the world's energy resources are limited
A. all B. which C. world's D. are limited
24. George is enough intelligent to pass the physics exam without help.
A. enough intelligent B. to pass C. The D. physics
V. Read the following passage and choose the best answers. (1 point)
Most human beings are awake during the day and sleep all night. Owls live the opposite way Owls are noctumal. This means that they sleep all day and stay awake at night. Because owls are nocturnal, this means they must eat at night. But finding food in the dark is difficult. To help them, they have special eyes and ears.
Owls have very large eyes. These eyes absorb more light than normal. Since there is little light during the night, it is helpful to be able to absorb more of it. This helps owls find food in the dark.
Owls also have very good hearing. Even when owls are in the trees, they can hear small animals moving in the grass below. This helps owls catch their prey even when it is very dark.
Like owls, mice are also nocturnal animals. Mice have an excellent sense of smell. This helps them find food in the dark.
Being nocturnal helps mice to hide from the many different animals that want to eat them. Most of the birds, snakes, and lizards that like to eat mice sleep at night - except, of course, owls!
Notes: - owl (n): chim cú - absorb (v): hấp thụ
25. Owls _____
A. sleep at night and are awake during the day.
B. hunt during the day and are awake at night.
C. sleep every other night and are awake during the day.
D. sleep during the day and are awake at night.
26. Based on information in paragraph 2, it can be understood that an animal with small eyes______.
A. must be diurnal.
B. has trouble seeing in the dark
C. can see very well at night.
D. is likely to be eaten by an owl.
27. According to the passage, owls can find food in the dark using their sense of _____.
A. sight only
B. sight and sound.
C. sound and smell.
D. sight, sound and smell.
28. Being nocturnal helps mice to_____.
A. keep themselves safe.
B. find food that other animals cannot
C. store energy for night time activities.
D. release stress.
VI. Choose the word among A, B, C, D that best fits the blank space in the following passage. (1 point)
MAKING RECYCLING EASIER
More and more of the products we buy have got recycled material in (29)____. Things like newspapers and magazines, glass bottles and jars, food and drink cans and even some clothing may have been (30) ____ using recycled materials. Every time we buy one of these products we help to support the recycling industry. The aim is that the product is used once, recycled and then used again.
One of the ways in which we can help the recycling process is by saving our own waste. Over the next couple of weeks we'll begin a fortnightly collection of recyclable waste from your home. All you have to (31)___ is put your recyclable waste in the box we've given you and put the remember to look at the box out next to your dustbin. The collection is fortnightly, (32)___ sticker on the box that tells you which weeks we will collect it. Your dustbin will still be collected weekly.
29. A. them B. it C. us D. their
30. A. put B. got C. made D. taken
31. A do B. want C. have D. go
32. A. because B. so C. unless D. although
VII. Rewrite each of the following sentences in another way so that it means the same as the sentence printed before. (2 points)
33. You shouldn't tell him about that.
-> If I __________________
34. The receptionist gave me very useful information.
-> The information_________________
35. I last saw Bob when I was in Ho Chi Minh City.
-> I haven't _______________
36. Turn down the radio, Tom" said his mother
-> Tom's mother told____________
Đáp án tham khảo:
33. If I were you, I wouldn't tell him about that.
34. The information which the receptionist gave me was very useful.
35. I haven't seen Bob since I was in Ho Chi Minh City.
36. Tom's mother told him to turn down the radio.