Đề thi tiếng Anh chính thức tuyển sinh vào lớp 10 THPT năm 2018 tỉnh Bạc Liêu
Mã đề thi 357
Part 1. Choose the best answer (A, B, C, or D) to complete the sentences. (8 points)
1. If she _____________ here now, she would show you how to do that.
A. will be
C. would be
2. Let's hold a party after we finish this project, _____________?
A. shall we
B. do you
C. will you
D. won't you
3. Television is one of man's most important means of _____________.
4. It's too dangerous for us _____________ in this river.
B. to swim
D. to swimming
5. The police officer asked us where_____________.
A. are we going
B. we are going
C. were we going
D. we were going
6. When I came to visit him, he _____________ the gardening.
C. was doing
D. has done
7. His parents are very proud _____________ his success at school.
8. Mike _____________ to the cinema with Susan yesterday.
C. will go
D. was going
9. Wearing uniforms helps students feel _____________ in many ways.
B. more equally
10. I wish my son _____________ English well.
D. can study
C. will study
11. Susan didn't go to school _____________ she was ill.
12. She'd love to go to the party, but she had to _____________ the baby in the evening.
A. turn on
B. switch off
C. look after
D. turn off
13. Would you mind _____________me put these chairs away?
C. to help
14. He drives _____________ than he used to.
B. more careful
D. more carefully
15. Mr. Smith,_____________ has a lot of teaching experience, will join the school in September.
16. This newspaper _____________ every day.
A. is publishing
D. is published.
Part 2. Choose the correct answer (A, B, C, or D) to complete the passage. (4 points).
In the United States, people celebrate Mother's Day, Mother's Day is celebrated (17)_______ Second Sunday in May. On this occasion, mother usually (18)_______ greeting cards and gifts from her husband and children. The best gift of all for (19)_______ American Mom is a day of leisure. The majority of American mothers spend most of their time (20)_______ their jobs in well as housework, (21)_______ their working days are often very hard. The working mother starts enjoying the traditional Mother's Day by having breakfast cooked by her family. Later in the day, it is also (22)_______ for the extended family group to get together for dinner, either in a restaurant (23)_______ in one of their homes. Flowers also play an important (24)_______ of Mother's Day. Mothers are often given a corsage or plant for the occasion, particularly if they are elderly.
17. A. on B. at C. in D. Since
18. A. is receiving B. received C. receives D. receiving
19. A. some B. the C. an D. a
20. A. does B. do C.doing D. did
21. A. but B. SO C. however D. therefore
22. A. traditional B. traditionally C. tradition D. traditionalist
23. A. but B. and C. or D. nor
24. A. piece B. part C. section D. function
Part 3. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions. (4 points)
My name is Nam. I'll tell you about one of my most impressive trips that my classmates and I have just made after finishing the second term. It was a visit to the Botanical Garden in our city.
It was a cool Sunday. We assembled at the school gate and caught a bus to the Botanical Garden. It was a long way to our destination and we sang very merrily all the way. The Botanical Garden is a very beautiful place. We made a short tour round the garden and took some photos of the whole class. Then we played a lot of games on the grassland. One of the boys brought the guitar and we sang our favorite songs. We laughed, talked and danced, too. After the meal, we all took a rest. In the afternoon, we went on playing some more games. Then we went home at four thirty. We all felt very happy.
1. How did Nam go to the Botanical Garden?
2. Who did he go with?
3. Did they play a lot of games on the grassland?
4. What time did they go home?
Part 4. Arrange the given words/ phrases to make the meaningful sentences.(4 points)
1. said / leave for/ Tom/ the following day/ would/ that/ he/Paris/.
2. English / to / is / It / every day/ practice/ necessary
3. suggested/ Frank/ for a walk/ going out/ dinner/ after/.
4. turned/ John/ lights/ the off/ save / to /electricity/.
5. any news/haven't/ I/ since/ him/ received/ from/last Christmas/
6. wishes/ speak/ Minh/ English/she/ could/ fluently,
7. money/buy/He/ enough/have/ that car/to/ doesn't.
8. I/ study/ were/ If/ i / would/ you/ hard/.