Đề thi vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh năm 2017 - 2018 tỉnh Bà Rịa Vũng Tàu
SỞ GIÁO DỤC VÀ ĐÀO TẠO
TỈNH BÀ RỊA VŨNG TÀU
ĐỀ THI CHÍNH THỨC
KỲ THI TUYỂN SINH LỚP 10 PTTH
Năm học 2017 – 2018 Môn: Tiếng Anh
Thời gian làm bài: 60 phút
Ngày thi: 08/07/2017
I. LISTENING (1.0pt)
Listen to an interview with Stella Kim, a fashion designer and CIRCLE the best answer to each of the questions.
1. Where is Stellafrom?
A. Toronto B) Paris C) London D) New York
2. Where does shework?
A. Inthe USA B) In Canada C) In England D) In France
3. What does she usually do in her freetime?
A. Go shopping B) Play sports C) Travel and read D) Watch TV
4. What is her favorite kind ofmusic?
A. Pop B) Classical C) Jazz D) Rock
II. MULTIPLE CHOICE (4.0 pts)
Circle the bestanswer
1. I often helpmy mother___________ my little brother when she is busy with the housework.
A. lookafter B. look up C. look forward D. look down
2. World Environment Day, the biggest annual event for positive environmentalaction, occurs_______ June 5th each year.
A. in B.on C. about D. at
3. During summer vacation, most travellers want tostay at_________ hotel by_________sea.
A. the/ the B. the/ a C. a/ the D. a/ a
4. The New York Times, one of the most famous newspapers inthe world,________ online now.
A. is published B.was published C. published D. publishes
5. The film “Fast And Furious 8” is on at all national cinemasthese days,________?
A. wasit B. wasn’t it C. is it D. isn’t it
6. “IOE”________ a useful English contest for students since its first release in the school year 2010-2011.
A. is B. are C. has been D. have been
7. I’m looking forward________ from you soon.
A. tohear B. hearing C. to hearing D. hear
8. Le Quy Don Gifted High School in Ba Ria – Vung Tau ranked second in the “Olympic 30-4” competition,_________ was held in Ho Chi Minh City two months ago.
A. which B. who C. whom D. that
9. Joanna: “What are you going to do this weekend?” – Marek: “________”
A. I think it willbe interesting. B. I plan to visit my aunt.
C. I’m verybusy now. D. I hope it isn’t raining.
A. Sam: “Thank you for thenice ” – Sue: “_______”
A. How do you do? B. No, I don’t.
C. I’m glad youlike it. D. Nice to see you.
11. Vietnamese teenagers are fond of listening to the song “Shape of you”. “Are fond of” means_______.
A. like B. hate C. believe D. think
12. Linda asked Tom if he would go to Fahasa bookstore to buy the novel “Eragon” by Christopher Paolini________.
A. the followingday B. tomorrow C. the day before D. next day
13. Students plant more trees along the streets______ they want to have more shade and fresh air.
A. because B. although C. therefore D. however
14. We wish we______ organize a music show to raise money for poor children.
A. will B. can C. may D. could
15. Solar energy can help people conserve the earth’s_______resources.
A. naturally B. natural C. nature D. naturalize
Choose the underlined part (A, B, C or D) that needs correction.
16. If I were you, I will spend more time taking part in different charity activities. A B C D
A. Read the passage, and CIRCLE the answer (A, B, C or D) that best fits each blank. (1.25pts)
Da Nang International Fireworks Festival 2017
On December 5th 2016, Da Nang city and Sun Group announced the Da Nang International Fireworks Festival 2017 (DIFF 2017) with the display theme “Shining with Marble Mountains”, which would (1)________place from April 30th to June 24th, 2017. As one of (2)_______ fireworks festivals in Asia, DIFF 2017 promised to bring Da Nang into an exciting festival city during this summer.
The festival included five performance nights with the themes “Fire – Earth – Metal – Water – Wood”, held on Saturday (3)________week. All fireworks performances were broadcast live on Vietnam Television.
This year, Da Nang fireworks team, the host team, was (4)__________ supported with high quality technologies in order (5)_________ better results.
(Adapted from VIETNAM NEWS)
A. happen B. take C. begin D. develop
A. big B. bigger C. biggest D. the biggest
A. all B. both C. most D. every
A. slowly B. slow C. strongly D. strong
A. to achieve B. achieve C. achieving D. achieves
B. Read the passage, and CIRCLE the best answers to the question. (1.25)
Lincoln, a city in the east of England, is 2000 years old with a lot of interesting buildings to see. The cathedral is in the north of the city just outside the main city centre. You can walk to many of Lincoln’s other attractions from the cathedral. It is not far from the ancient castle. There is a delightful view of the city from there. Behind the castle is the Lawn, an old hospital, which is now a museum with shops and a café.
During the summer, walking tours leave from the Tourist Information Centre, which is next to the castle. They are not expensive, last about an hour and tourists can visit all the main attractions, especially some very interesting museums.
In the middle of the city centre, there are some beauty spots away from the crowds. For example, you can walk by the river or take a boat trip. Trips leave from Bay ford Pool.
You can travel to Lincoln by train, bus or car. It is 216 km from London. The bus station is beside the river and the railway station is a few minutes’ walk away from the bus station on the other side of St Mary’s Street.
(Adapted from Cambridge Objective PET)
A. in the northof England
B. in the west of England
C. in the eastof England
D. in the south of England
2. Which of the following statements is NOT true?
A. We can see a lot of interesting buildings in Lincoln.
B. The cathedral is near the castle, so we can walk there.
C. Tourists can do the shopping in The Lawn.
D. The cathedral is in the main city centre.
3. The word “delightful” in paragraph 1 can be bestreplaced by________.
A. wonderful B. awful C. terrible D. horrible
4. The word “They” in paragraph 2 refers to____________.
A. castles B. tours C. attractions D. museums
5. We can learn from the passage that______
A. The Lawn is a hospital.
B. It takes two hours to walk from the Tourist Information Centre to the castle.
C. You need to cross the road to go from the bus station to the railway station.
D. There aren’t any rivers going through the centre of the city.
A. Do as directed (1.5pts)
1. My father bought me a toy car. It was made in Vietnam.
(Combine the sentences, using “which”)
→ My father________________.
2. Miss Hoa said “I practise speaking English with foreigners regularly.”
(Rewrite the sentence, using reported speech)
→ Miss Hoa said that__________________.
3. The final decision will be yours.
(Complete the sentence, using between 5 and 7 words)
→ It is decision_______________.
B. Answer the question in about 50 words (1.0pt)
Nowadays a lot of students surf the Internet in their free time. Do you think that the Internet is useful? Why?
GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL!
- Đề thi vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh năm 2017 - 2018 tỉnh Thái Nguyên
- Đáp án đề thi vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh năm 2017 - 2018 tỉnh Tây Ninh
- Đề thi vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh chuyên 2017 - 2018 chuyên Vĩnh Phúc
- Đáp án đề thi vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh năm 2017 - 2018 tỉnh Vĩnh Long
- Đáp án đề thi vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh năm 2017 - 2018 tỉnh Vĩnh Phúc
- Điểm chuẩn tuyển sinh vào lớp 10 năm 2020 Cần Thơ
- Điểm chuẩn tuyển sinh vào lớp 10 năm 2020 tỉnh An Giang
- Điểm chuẩn tuyển sinh lớp 10 tỉnh Khánh Hòa 2020 - 2021
- Kết quả tuyển sinh lớp 10 Chuyên Nguyễn Quang Diêu 2020
- Điểm chuẩn tuyển sinh vào lớp 10 tỉnh Kon Tum 2020 - 2021
- Điểm chuẩn vào lớp 10 tỉnh Hải Dương năm học 2020 - 2021
- Điểm chuẩn lớp 10 năm 2020 tỉnh Bình Định
- Điểm chuẩn tuyển sinh vào lớp 10 tỉnh Phú Yên năm 2020