Đọc tài liệu đã sưu tầm được rất nhiều bộ đề thi thử vào 10 môn Anh của các trường trên cả nước với mong muốn giúp các em ôn thi được tốt nhất. Dưới đây là đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng anh 2020 tỉnh Bà Rịa - Vũng Tàu số 2 để các em thử sức
Đề thi thử
I. Choose the best answer to complete the sentence.
1. Typhoon Haiyan tore through the Philippines _______ November 8, 2013
2. Greg prefers watching football _______ playing it.
3. It’s too dark in here. Let’s turn some lights _______ .
4. This is a dangerous task. _______ , you must be very careful.
5. The twins look exactly alike. It’s hard to _______ one child from another,
6. The last time I went to Scotland was in May, _______ the weather was beautiful.
7. I won’t do it _______ you agree to help me. I’m not doing it alone.
8. A(n) _______ is what someone think will happen.
9. I’m practising speaking English very hard now. By next year, I _______ speak English fluently.
a. will can
c. am able to
d. will be able to
10. ‘Could you do me a favour?’ ‘ _______ ’
a. I don’t want to know about it.
b. It depends on what it is.
c. Don’t ask me such a question.
d. I’m sorry to hear that.
II. Give correct form of the word.
11. I think UFOs are _______ . They are just people’s imagination (exist)
12. This map was _______ for our holiday. We got lost for some time (use)
13. We stopped on the mountain pass to admire the _______ . (scene)
14. There have been many technological _______ designed to save energy (innovate)
15. It’s impossible to carry out his project because I think it is _______ . (practice)
III. Give correct form or tense of the verb.
16. If the soil (pollute) _______ , plants will not grow well.
17. My English (improve) _______ greatly since I (move) to Australia.
18. Come on Rory, the kids would love (hear) _______ you sing.
19. I clearly remember (read) something about it in the paper.
20. As soon as my father (arrive) _______ , we had dinner.
IV. Choose the underlined word or phrase that needs correcting.
21. Found in the 12th century, Oxford University ranks among the world’s oldest ones.
22. Why are there a shortage of available apartments for rent in this city at present?
A. are there
C. for rent
D. at present
V. Choose the one option that best completes the passage.
The sun’s energy is free and abundant. The radiant energy or (23)........... that shines on Earth in just one hour could create enough solar power to meet the world’s energy (24)........... for an entire year! Solar power can be used for just about anything. Many homes in the United States get heat and electricity from solar power. Around the world in places (25)........... South America, Africa and India, people are even using solar power to heat their food in solar cookers! Instead of burning wood or fossil fuels, solar cookers rely on the (26)........... power to heat food without creating pollution. Not only are they good for the (27)..........., solar cookers are easy to (28)........... and a fun way to cook foods like baked beans, nachos, muffins and dried fruit.
23. a. sunblock
24. a. request
d. as if
27. a. pollution
28. a. create
VI. Read the passage carefully. Choose the correct answer and decide if the statements are true (T) or false (F)
How many planets are there in our galaxy? That’s a tricky question to answer. Are there other planets that support life? That’s exactly what the Helper mission hopes to discover.
NASA launched the Helper space telescope, designed to find habitable planets, in 2009. So far it has discovered five new Earth-sized planets beyond our solar system. These planets are hotter than the Earth’s sun - much too hot for life as we know it. The Helper team predict that they will need at least three years (and possibly longer) to find an Earth-like planet.
The simplest requirement for a planet to have life (carbon-based life like on Earth) is for there to be liquid water (not frozen or gas) so the distance from the planet’s sun and therefore temperature are important. There also needs to be the correct amount of air. If a planet is as small as Mars (half the size of Earth) its weak gravity means that it can’t hold on to air molecules. If a planet is Neptune sized (four times bigger than Earth) it has very strong gravity and too much air. So size matters too. Will we be sad if we discover we are alone in our galaxy or happy if we find that we share it with other life forms?
29. What is the Helper space telescope looking for?
a. planets in our solar system
b. life on other planets
c. new galaxies
c. objects in space
30. A planet can support life if it has .
a. carbon and oxygen b. gas and water
c. heat and gravity d. water and air
31. How long will the Helper team need to find an Earth-like planet?
a. three years b. about three years
c. more than three years b. less than three years
32. Helper has found five new Earth-like planets.
33. These planets are not in our solar system.
34. A very small planet will have too much air.
VII. Rewrite the sentences.
35. It’s said that he is the richest man in the world.
He ........... ........... ........... ...........
36. Why don’t you help me?’ Mary asked Jim.
Mary wanted to know ........... ........... ........... ...........
37. The dress was so expensive that I couldn’t buy it.
The dress was too ........... ........... ........... ...........
38. Let’s play table tennis together on Saturday afternoon.
Shall ........... ........... ........... ...........
16. is polluted
17. has improved – moved
18. to hear
21. A (Founded)
22. A (is there)
35. He is said to be the richest man in the world.
36. Mary wanted to know why Jim didn’t help her.
37. The dress was too expensive for me to buy.
38. Shall we play table tennis together on Saturday afternoon?
Đọc tài liệu vừa chia sẻ đến các em đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn Anh tỉnh Bà Rịa - Vũng Tàu năm học 2020-2021. Còn rất nhiều bộ đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng anh của các trường khác trên cả nước đã được chúng tôi biên tập, thường xuyên truy cập vào trang để cập nhật nhé!Huyền Chu (Tổng hợp)