Xem ngay mẫu đề thi giữa học kì 2 năm học 2020 - 2021 môn Anh của trường THPT Đoàn Thượng. Cùng Đọc tài liệu tham khảo đề thi này như một mẫu đề thi thử THPT quốc gia 2021 để thử sức bạn nhé:
Đề thi giữa học kì 2 tiếng Anh 12THPT Đoàn Thượng 2021
(Tải đề thi về máy trong file đính kèm bên dưới)
Choose the word that is OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined part in each of the sentences below
1. Never have I read such a hard-to-pick-up-again long story like the one you recommend. It's terrible.
2. It's possibly that the injury in the last game that makes her performance unsuccessful today.
Read the passage and choose the best answer
Every four years, the Summer Olympic Games kick off with an elaborate opening ceremony that welcomes athletes from every competing nation. However, preparations and celebrations for the Olympic Games start long before the opening ceremony. The true beginning of the Olympic celebration is the lighting of the Olympic torch and the relay that carries the flame to the host city.
The Olympic torch is lit at a ceremony in Olympia, Greece, where the ancient games were held. One requirement for the Olympic flame is that it must be created using only sunlight and a mirror. The flame is lit months before the games, and the first runner begins the great relay among the ruins of the ancient Olympic stadium.
The first modern Olympic torch relay took place in Berlin, in the summer of 1936. At the beginning, runners were mainly selected from the Olympic athletes, but later, regular citizens ― including children, old people, and people with disabilities ― began to participate as well. Carrying the torch is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and a great honor.
Traditionally, the torch is carried on foot. However, sometimes other kinds of transport are needed. When the torch must go overseas, it is sent on a private plane. The torch has also been carried underwater. For the Sydney Summer Games in 2000, a diver swam with the torch!
At the end of the relay, the flame is used to light a giant pot. The light, a symbol of the Olympic spirit, burns throughout the games.
3. The Olympic Games truly begin when _____.
A. the opening ceremony takes place.
B. the first sport event takes place.
C. the Olympic torch is lit.
D. athletes from competing nations arrive.
4. The word kick off in the first paragraph is closest in meaning to _____.
A. announceB. competeC. startD. take place
5. The torch is lit in Greece because that is where _____.
A. the Olympics are held every year
B. the flame is always burning
C. there are a lot of mirrors and sunlight
D. the ancient games were held
6. The passage is mainly about _____
A. the tradition of the Olympic flame and torch relay
B. the Olympics in ancient Greece
C. the sports in the Summer Olympic Games
D. the Olympic opening ceremony
7. Which of the following statements is NOT TRUE according to the passage?
A. The torch is always carried on foot.
B. People with disabilities can carry the torch.
C. The light from the Olympic flame continues to burn during the Games.
D. The Olympic Flame is created using sunlight and a mirror.
Choose the underlined part that needs correcting
8. This morning we were interviewed a number of candidates, but none of them impressed us.
A. were interviewed
9. Widespread habitat destruction have driven many species on this island to the verge of extinction.
B. have driven
10. African elephants are more larger and heavier than Asian elephants, and they have got bigger ears.
A. more larger
D. have got
Choose the word that is CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined part in each of the sentences below
11. They had to put off their trip because of the bad weather.
12. Viet Nam's successful hosting of the 22nd SEA Games is considered a/an outstanding example for other countries to follow, particularly in honesty, consistence and organizing method
Choose the word that is different from the rest in the position of the main stressed syllable
13. A. biology
14. A. office
Choose the answer that best fits each gap in the text below
The vast number of species prevailing on planet Earth is the result of evolutionary processes that have been operating (15)_______ life originated about 3.5 billion years ago. As new species evolved, a small number of species that became misfits in the prevailing environment (16)_______ extinct (background extinction). However, the rapid increase in human population and humanity's greed for luxurious living have resulted in marked environmental degradation, particularly in the recent decades, increasing species extinction hundred or even thousand-fold compared to background extinctions, thus precipitating the 'sixth mass extinction' crisis. Unlike the past five mass extinctions that were due to natural catastrophes, the sixth mass extinction would be exclusively the (17)_______ of human activities. Habitat loss and its degradation, overexploitation of bio-resources and climate change have been the main drivers of the sixth mass extinction crisis. Amongst human-induced environmental changes, climate change is going to affect humanity more than (18)_______ changes. Apart from exterminating a large number of both terrestrial and aquatic species, these changes bring down crop productivity and (19)_______ substantially, thus seriously compromising ecosystem services essential for human welfare. Mitigating human-induced environmental changes has become one of the highest priorities for the humanity to sustain biodiversity and human welfare.
15. A. since
16. A. remained
17. A. cause
18. A. the others
B. any other
19. A. qualifying
Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others' in the same group
20. A. organize
21. A. appalled
Choose the best answer to complete each of the following sentences
22. Jane: "______________"Anna: "She is honest, friendly and very helpful."
A. How does our new classmate look like?
B. What is our new classmate like?
C. What does our new classmate like?
D. How old is our new classmate?
23. Daisy: "____________"
- John: "It's is from 1.2 to 1.5 m high"
A. How is tall a giant panda?
B. What is the height of a giant panda?
C. What high is a giant panda?
D. How long is a giant panda?
24. If a defender _______ a foul within the five meter area that prevents a likely goal, the attacking team is awarded a penalty throw or shot.
25. _______ is a sport in which people or teams race against each other in boats with oars.
A. Water polo
26. Where is __________ camera I lent you last Sunday?
A. Ø (no article)
27. Everybody says that I take _____ my father. We are both decisive and stubborn.
28. This test _____ in pen. Pencils are not allowed.
A. must write
B. must have written
C. must be written
D. must be writing
29. Tim didn't pass the exam. He spent too much time playing games. He _____ harder.
A. should have worked
B. had had worked
C. must have worked
D. need have worked
30. It took Bob a long time to get _____ the breakup of his marriage.
D. along with
31. Known worldwide by its panda logo, WWF is _____ to protecting the world's wildlife and the rich biological diversity that we all need to survive.
32. Keep quiet. You _______ talk so loudly in here. Everybody is working
33. The larger a drop of water, ______ freezing temperature.
A. higher than its
B. the higher its
C. the highest
D. its higher
34. Her academic performance has improved. It is becoming ______.
A. better and better
B. gooder and gooder
C. more and more good
D. the more gooder
35. Humans depend on species _____ to have food, clean air and water, and fertile soil for agriculture.
Choose the sentence that is closest in meaning to the one given
36. Scuba-diving is more interesting than snorkeling.
A. Snorkeling isn't as interesting as scuba-diving.
B. Scuba-diving isn't as interesting as snorkeling.
C. Snorkeling is more interesting than scuba-diving.
D. Scuba-diving is less interesting than snorkeling.
37. I'm sure he did this because I saw him standing there.
A. He may have done this because I saw him standing there.
B. He can have done this because I saw him standing there.
C. He must have done this because I saw him standing there.
D. He need have done this because I saw him standing there.
38. His fondness for English increases with his proficiency.
A. The more proficient he is at English, the more he likes it.
B. The more fondness for English increases, the more his proficiency is
C. The more proficient he is at English, the more fondness he is
D. The more proficiency he is, his fondness for English increases
39. We are going to organize a surprise party for Dad on Sunday.
A. Dad is going to hold a surprise party on Sunday.
B. A surprise party for Dad is going to hold on Sunday.
C. A surprise party are going to be held for Dad on Sunday.
D. A surprise party is going to be held for Dad on Sunday.
40. It isn't necessary for you to hand in your homework today.
A. You needn't hand in your homework today.
B. Your homework can't be sent today.
C. Your homework must be sent today.
D. You mustn't hand in your homework today.
Đáp án đề thi giữa học kì 2 tiếng Anh 12 THPT Đoàn Thượng 2021
Đừng quên còn rất nhiều bộ đề thi thử THPT quốc gia môn Anh 2021 đang đợi các em thử sức. Chắc hẳn các em đã có thêm những kiến thức, kĩ năng làm đề mới cho môn học này. Chúc các em học tốt mỗi ngày.Huyền Chu (Tổng hợp)