Đề thi môn Tiếng Anh vào lớp 10 Hải Phòng năm 2017 - 2018
PART ONE: PHONOLOGY
Choose the word whose bold part is pronounced differently from that of the others in each group. (1.0 point)
1. A. pulled B. sprayed C. dripped D. warned
2. A. humor B. honor C. happy D. healthy
3. A. ancient B. parade C. abrupt D. advance
4. A. minimize B. article C. dynamite D. pesticide
5. A. thunder B. weather C. clothing D. therefore
PART TWO: VOCABULARY AND GRAMMAR
I. Choose the word or phrase that best completes each of the following sentences. (2.0 points)
1. Tornadoes are _______ storms which pass overland below a thunderstorm.
A. typhoon B. wave C. funnel-shaped D. eruption
2. The children are still playing in the yard _______ it’s raining heavily.
A. though B. and C. despite D. but
3. My aunt is the woman _______ is very nice to me.
A. who B. whose C. whom D. which
4. People use the Internet for many _______: education, communication, entertainment, and commerce.
A. limitations B. purposes C. viruses D. risks
5. Those students often do their tests _______ and get good results.
A. good B. bad C. well D. badly
6. She has _______ free time than her sister.
A. a lot of B. much more C. much D. most
7. You have never met Peter before, _______?
A. haven’t you B. do you C. have you D. don’t you
8. Peter: “How lovely your cats are!”
A. I love them, too. B. Really? They are.
C. Can you say that again? D. Thank you. It’s nice of you to say so.
9. Her mother will _______ her children when she is away.
A. take back B. take after C. look back D. look after
10. _______ he had no money for a bus, he had to walk all the way home.
A. As B. For C . However D. So
II. Give the correct tense or form of the verbs in brackets. (1.0 point)
1. Would you mind showing me how (use) this printer?
2. When I came home yesterday, my son (cry) loudly.
3. Their father dislikes (watch) sports in his free time.
4. Unless it (rain) tomorrow, we will have a picnic.
5. The newspapers (deliver) to our neighbors’ homes every day.
III. Give the correct form of the words in capitals to complete each of the following sentences. (1.0 point)
1. _______ disasters cause much damage every year. NATURE
2. Our art teacher gives us a lot of _______ to paint what we want to. FREE
3. Famous _______ often earn much money by making different fashionable styles. DESIGN
4. To conserve resources, please _______ these carrier bags. USE
5. The children _______ gathered their things and ran to the station because it was too late. HURRY
IV. Fill each blank in the following sentences with ONE suitable preposition. (1.0 point)
1. Women often prefer modern clothes _______ traditional ones.
2. _______ my opinion, humans will never live on other planets.
3. We’ve got to save the rainforests _______ being destroyed.
4. Speaking is the aspect _______ learning English I find most difficult.
5. I’d like to congratulate you _______ your success.
PART THREE: READING
I. Fill each blank in the following passage with ONE suitable word from the box. (1.0 point)
activities upload variety posts search others
A common way for people to socialize these days is to spend time in chat forums. These usually have several different chat rooms related to a (1) _______ of interests and hobbies where you can talk to like-minded people. Other popular online (2) _______ include microblogging, in which people make very short comments about things, as well as file-sharing sites, where people (3) _______ music, videos or photos to share with (4) _______. Whatever your interests, you can find sites related to just about any leisure activity simply by entering key words into a (5) _______ engine.
II. Read the passage and choose the best answer to each of the following questions. (1.0 point)
Although no one knows for certain who the original Saint Valentine was, once a year, on February 14, there is a day in his honor. Some historians believe that the original Saint Valentine was a priest who lived in the city of Rome about 300 years after the birth of Christ. The emperor of Rome was not a Christian and refused to allow people to be married in a Christian ceremony. Saint Valentine didn’t obey the emperor and performed many Christian marriages in spite of the emperor’s order. When the Romans found out, they sent Saint Valentine to prison and later killed him. While his romantic efforts to help many Christians in love cost him his life, he was honored in his own days. But his story has been mostly forgotten after people have come to celebrate Valentine’s Day as a special time for sweethearts. On Valentine’s Day, people express their affections by sending Valentine cards to friends, families, boyfriends, and girlfriends.
1. This writing is mostly about _______.
A. Christian marriages B. why we celebrate Valentine’s Day
C. different kinds of Valentine cards D. the history of Rome
2. Long ago, February 14 was made a special day _______.
A. to honor Saint Valentine B. just for sweethearts
C. for everyone to go out and express love D. to honor the Roman emperor
3. The emperor of Rome _______.
A. was a good Christian and made Valentine a saint
B. established Saint Valentine’s Day in his honor
C. didn’t allow people to be married in a Christian ceremony
D. didn’t believe in marriages
4. St. Valentine was killed because he _______.
A. was a Christian priest
B. was not a follower of Christ
C. had a secret sweetheart, which was illegal
D. performed Christian wedding ceremonies against the emperor’s wishes
5. All the above story of Saint Valentine _______.
A. really happened long ago B. is just a guess from some historians
C. is only an invented story D. cannot be believed at all
PART FOUR: WRITING
I. Rewrite each of the sentences below in such a way that its meaning is similar to that of the original one. (1.0 point)
1. Larry hasn’t surfed the Internet for two days. à The last time _________________
2. Spending the weekend in the countryside is very exciting. à It _______________
3. The British eat over thirty million hamburgers each year. à Over thirty million ______
4. “We’re working on our website tomorrow,” Keith said. à Keith said ____________
5. She’s rich and famous because the public like her. à If the public______________
II. Use the suggested words or phrases to write complete sentences. (1.0 point)
1. I / surprised / both / Mary / Oliver / late / meeting. à____________________
2. What / name / man / create / World Wide Web? à_____________________
3. It / such / boring film / we / leave / in the middle. à____________________
4. I / wish / can go / beach / today / but / have to / stay / home. à____________
5. My sister / I / not finish / decorate / house / yet. à____________________
- Đề thi vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh năm 2017 - 2018 tỉnh Thái Nguyên
- Đáp án đề thi vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh năm 2017 - 2018 tỉnh Tây Ninh
- Đề thi vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh chuyên 2017 - 2018 chuyên Vĩnh Phúc
- Đề thi vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh năm 2017 - 2018 tỉnh Bà Rịa Vũng Tàu
- Đáp án đề thi vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh năm 2017 - 2018 tỉnh Vĩnh Long
- Chỉ tiêu tuyển sinh vào lớp 10 năm 2020 tại Hải Phòng
- Đề thi thử vào 10 môn Văn năm 2020 Chuyên Thái Nguyên
- Đề thi thử vào 10 môn Lịch sử năm 2020 có đáp án
- Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn Sử năm 2020 có đáp án - Mã đề 001
- Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn Sử năm 2020 có đáp án - Mã đề 002
- Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn Sử năm 2020 có đáp án - Mã đề 003
- Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn Sử năm 2020 có đáp án - Mã đề 004
- Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn Sử năm 2020 có đáp án - Mã đề 005