THÍ SINH GHI CÂU TRẢ LỜI CỦA MÌNH TRÊN PHIẾU TRẢ LỜI.
(Thí sinh ghi các chữ cái A, B, C, D. Và nhiều trả lời từ câu 1 đến câu 50.)
I. Listening (2.0 points):
Part 1: Questions 1-5: Listen to five short conversations and choose the correct answer (A, B or C).
You will hear the conversations two times.
1. The man thought the fashion show was.....
2. The woman bought ...
3. The floor is ...
4. The man finishes work at ...
5. The most beautiful city he's been to is ...
A. boring B. interesting C. exciting
A. a shirt B. a skirt C. some shoes
A. dirty B. dry C. wet
A. 7.00 pm B. 8.00 pm C. 9.00 pm
A. Venice B. Prague C. Amsterdam
(Source: New English File Pre-Intermediate, Oxford University Prese)
Part 2: Questions 6-10: Listen to an interviewer and a travel consultant talking about the cost of a short holiday in major cities. Write the cost (A-H) next to each city (6-10). You will hear the conversation two times. Number 0 has been done for you as an example.
|Cities||0H. London||6. New York||7. Paris||8. Milan||9. Budapest||10. Lisbon|
(Source: International Express Elementary, Oxford University Press)
II. Reading (3.0 points):
Read the passage below carefully and fill in each blank with the best option A, B, C, or D.
The History of Bags and Purses
Bags and purses came in a variety of designs for a number of purposes. The introduction of pockets towards the end of the 16th century meant that the men's bags slowly disappeared. From then on, bags belonged almost only to (11)
(12) the 20th century, more and more women went out to work and became more mobile. This resulted in all sorts of bags for (13) purposes such as leather document cases for going to the office, practical leather and plastic daytime bags for walking and visiting, elegant, sparkling bags for evening use.
Branding became more and more important during the 20th century. Famous designers include Hermès, Louis Vuitton, Gucci and Prada. For (14) designers such as Chanel, Dior, Yves Saint Laurent, Versace, Donna Karan and Dolce & Gabbana, the handbag has become an important accessory. In contrast with the past centuries, the (15) has now developed into a fashion accessory and it changes with every season.
(Adapted from htps://tassenmuseum.nl/en/knowledge-centre-history-of-bags-and-purses)
|11||A. children||B. men||C. women||D. animals|
|12||A. In||B. At||C. Between||D. Under|
|13||A differ||B. different||C. differently||D. difference|
|14||A. fashion||B. architect||C. industry||D. transportation|
|15||A. suitcase||B. pocket||C. luggage||D. handbag|
Read the passage below a ll and chees the best opriom A, B, C or D.
The La Tomatina is a festival held on a Wednesday towards the end of August in the town of Bunot in the Valencia region in Spain. The weeklong festival includes music, parades, dancing, and fireworks.
About 30,000 people come to the tomato flight, while Bufiol's population is only 9,000. There are not many acommodations for people who come to La Tomatina, so many participants stay in Valencia and travel by bus or train to Bufiol, about 38 km outside the city.
Many trucks transport tomatoes into the center of the town, Plaza del Pueblo. The tomatoes come from Extremadura, where they are less expensive. The signal for the beginning of the fight is firing of the cannon, and the chaos begins. Once it begins, the battle is generally every man for himself. People who partake in this event are strongly encouraged to wear protective safety goggles and gloves. In addition, they must squash the tomatoes before throwing for safety precautions. Another rule is that no one is allowed to bring into this fight anything that may lead to a more serious fight, such as a glass bottle. People must also stay away from trucks and must not tout someone else's clothing. Somewhere between an hour and two hours, the fighting ends and the cannon is fired once more to signal the end. At this point no more tomatoes can be thrown. The cleaning process involves the use of fire trucks to spray down the streets, with water provided from a Roman waterway. People find water to wash themselves, most likely at the Bunol River.
(Adapted from http://www.latomatina.org)
16. According to paragraph 1, when is La Tomatina hold this year?
A. Wednesday 27/6/2018
B. Wednesday 25/7/2018
C Wednesday 29/8/2018
D. Wednesday 26/9/2018
17. According to paragraph 2, why do people stay in Valencia?
A. Because they can take a bus or train to Spain
B. Because there are not enough hotels in Bufiol
C. Because there is a weeklong festival in Spain
D. Because they want to live 38 km from Bunol
18. What does the word "transport"in the third paragraph mean?
19. What does the word "they" in the third paragraph refer to?
20. According to paragraph 3, what are NOT used in the tomato fight?
21. What happens right after the firing of the second cannon?
A. People begin squashing tomatoes
B. People start fighting against each other
C. People stop throwing tomatoes
D. People finish cleaning the streets
Read the passage below carefully and choose the best option A, B, C, or D.
On average, more than 100,000 wildfires, also called wildland fires or forest fires, destroy two million hectares of land in the U.S. every year. A wildfire moves at speeds of about 20 kilometers an bour and can last for weeks, consuming everything - trees, brush. bomes, and humans - in its path.
There are three conditions for a wildfire to burn: fuel, oxygen, and a heat source. Fuel includes trees, grasses, bushes, and even homes. Oxygen is necessary for a fire to burn. Heat sources help start the wildfires . Although most wildfires are started by people, natural factors like lightning hot winds, and even the sun can all provide enough heat to start a wildfire.
Firefighters fight wildfires by removing the conditions for a wildfire methods include using water and fire retardants to put out the fires. with controlled burning". These controlled forest fires remove smam from a forest. This will deprive a wildfire of fuel and prevent future forest fires.
Although often harmful and destructive to humans, wildfires play an important role in nature. Even healthy forests contain dead trees and decaying plant matter. When a fire turns them to ashes, nutrients return to the soil. They also remove sick plants and harmful insects from a forest. And by burning through thick leaves and branches, wildfires allow sunlight to reach the forest floor, making it possible for a new generation of trees to grow.
(Adapted from htps://www.nationalgeographic.com and https://science.howstuffwork.com)
22. What does the phrase "deprive a wildfire of fuel" in the third paragraph mean?
A. create fuel for a wildfire
B. provide a wildfire with fuel
C.save fuel for a wildfire
D. take away fuel from a wildfire
23. What does the word "they" in the last paragraph refer to?
A. wildfires B. forests C. ashes D. nutrients
24. According to the last paragraph, why do wildfires play an important role in nature ?
A. They burn all leaves and branches.
B. They burn sick plants and harmful insecta
C. They burn a new generation of trees.
D. They burn nutrients in the soil to ashes
25. Which of the following is NOT mentioned in the passage?
A. Benefits of wildfires B. Causes of wildfires
C. Worldwide wildfires D. Controlled wildfires
III, Communication (0.5 point);
Choose the questions and statements (A to H) to complete the conversation between a passenger and a ticket office clerk. You only need five questions and statements for the blanks.
A. Excuse me, where is the ticket?
B. How long does the journey take?
C. How much does it cost?
D. Sorry, could you repeat that?
E. Thank you. What time's the next train?
F. Thanks very much for your help.
G. What time is it now!
H. Which platform does it leave from?
Passenger: Hello, a single ticket to Victoria, please.
Ticket office clerk: Single to Victoria? That's $17.50.
Ticket office clerk: Yes, $17.50.
Passenger: Can I have a receipt, please?
Ticket office cler:k Sure. Here you are.
Ticket office clerk: At five thirty. In eleven minutes.
Ticket office clerk: Platform Two, over the bridge.
Ticker office clerk: Forty-five minutes.
Ticket office clerk: Not at all.
(Source: International Express Elementary, Oxford University Press)
IV. Phonetics (0,5 point):
Choose the word whose underlined part differs from the other three words in pronunciation in each of the following questions.
31. A. believed B. impressed C. enjoyed D. consumed
32. A. crop B. cross C. cloth D. close
Choose the word which differs from the other three words in the position of the primary stress in each of the following questions.
33. A study B. improve C. achieve D. succeed
34. A. impressive B. effective C. generous D. terrific
35. A. compulsory B. traditional C. experienced D. economic
V. Vocabulary and Grammar (1.5 points): Choose the best option A, B, C or D
36. The scientists worked very hard and they finally achieved some marvelous results with this drug. The synonym of "marvelous" is_
A. disappointed B. compulsory C. wonderful D. convenient
37. The relationship is very complicated. He's my mother's cousin's daughter's son. The sofonym of "complicated" is___.
A. simple B. peaceful C. ancient D. trusty
38. Find a mistake in one of the four underlined parts of the following sentence
When I reached the bus stop yesterday morning, the bus has already left.
A B C D
39. Thank you for ___ me with my math homework.
A. help B. helping C.helper D. helpful
40. My friend Monalily is as pretty _____ a picture
A. more than B. as much C.as D. so
41. I must congratulate you your very impressive show.
A. in B. on C.at D. for
42. I'm _____ forward to seeing you again.
43. I use Facebook only ten minutes a day ____ it's time-consuming to spend much time on it.
A. in spite of B. because of C. because D. however
44. How much time do you spend ____ the Internet each day?
A. surf B. surfed C. to surf D. surling
45. Your idea sounds____.
A. interesting B. interested C. interestingly D. interestedly
46. We have to finish our homework before we can play games, ____we?
A. have B. haven't C. do D. don't
47. The room was hot. I tried ___ the window, but that didn't work.
А. open B. opening C. To be opened D. being opened
48. Paul used to play games all day when he was in college. He wishes he___ his time
A. doesn't waste B. hasn't wasted C didn't waste D. hadn't wasted
49. She's a very ___ speaker. Everybody listens with great interest whenever she speaks.
A. impressive B. similar C. convenient D. industrial
50. I had to buy a new washing machine because it would not have been ___ to get my old one repaired.
A. economical B. compulsory C. interactive D. time-consuming
Lưu ý: - Thí sinh KHÔNG chép lại đề vào phiếu trả lời.
- Thí sinh KHÔNG ghi thông tin cá nhân vào bài viết.
Sentence transformation (0.5 point):
Complete the sentence so that it has the same meaning as the sentence(s) before it.
51. I have a close friend. He is a CEO in New York -> I have a close friend who.....
52. Remember to say sorry when you have done something wrong. -> Don't......
53. Despite the difficult math question, Vicky solved it in five minutes. -> Although the math....
54. My friends are so humorous that I can't help laughing at their jokes. -> I have such...
55. Bill is such a careless driver that he has many traffic accidents. -> If Bill dreve...
Paragraph writing (2 points): Write a paragraph (from 80 to 120 words) about at least three practical ways that students can do to protect the environment. Use examples to support your ideas.
Đáp án tham khảo:
Đáp án đề thi môn tiếng Anh tỉnh Bình Dương năm 2018
|Câu||Đáp án||Câu||Đáp án||Câu||Đáp án||Câu||Đáp án||Câu||Đáp án|
51. I have a close friend who is a CEO in New York
52. Don't forget to say sorry when you have done something wrong.
53. Althought the math question was difficult, Vicky solved it in five minutes.
54. I have such humorous friends that I can't help laughing ai their jokes.
55. If Bill drove carefully, he would not have many traffic accidents.
Xem Thêm :